Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dear May,

I've been waiting for you for quite some time now. I feel like you just creep along and take your grand ol' time, but once you finally get here it's an explosion of happiness. I may even do a happy dance! There are also so many great things we have to experience this month and I have been anxiously waiting your arrival. So what is this month going to be all about? Parties!!

Our last day of state testing is Monday, May 1st (today). Great way to start the month! May 5th is Cinco de Mayo but in this family it's known as my special day! I decided not to attend graduation (for several reasons) which I'm okay with. But since it's my spec ail day it means I get to choose a movie we go see and where we go to eat. I'm hoping to get a cup of coffee (*hint* Starbucks*hint) out of it too. Hey, gotta milk it when I can, right?! haha

May also will include my sister's senior prom, graduation, and 18th birthday. Basically the last two weeks are hers. I can't believe she's graduating from high school. I swears she's still in elementary school!

Besides my sisters birthday, my amazing husband is turning 29 and we will also be celebrating my grandma and aunt's birthday. I've promised my mom I would never have a child with a May birthday because we have so many! I'm sure with saying that, all of our future children will be born in May. I also can't forget about Mother's Day!

In school May is our last full month. Hallelujah! It will be filled with learning (of course), a few extra recesses here and there, end of the year parties, field day, movie day, and lots of planning for next year! I love planning for the beginning of the school year, it's just getting to the end that's the hard part.

So many wonderful things to look forward to this month. I'm so thankful you're finally here.

Love,
B

ps. What are you looking forward to this May?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to be a busy girl this month :) I can't believe it's May already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I live in Washington Court House, which is just south of Columbus. I teach 2nd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also stopping in from Kelly's Korner. My boyfriend and I may be moving to New Albany soon! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May is a great month. I'm looking forward to starting rehearsals for my local college's summer musical. p.s. love your blog design! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time sure does fly! I'm glad it's May too!

    ReplyDelete