Monday, September 23, 2013

Menu Monday: Mac & Cheese, Brisket, and Apple Nachos!

Menu Monday will eventually come back. Since we've been home we have been lucky enough to receive meals from a lot of friends and family members. We've also used a couple of the freezer meals I made prior to Hadley being born. Until then, I thought I'd share with you some recipes that look delicious and that I would like to make once we get our routine down a little better (and once I start getting more sleep)!

Fall is a dangerous time in this house because it's the start of "comfort food season". I definitely want to make sure we eat healthy, especially because I have more baby weight and pre-baby weight to loose, but that it be yummy too. Thankfully, you can substitute leaner meats and low-fat products for a lot of regular recipes.

Here are a few recipes that are on my "to make" list...

Gouda and Bacon Macaroni and Cheese

Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese

Oh how I missed soft cheeses when I was pregnant. I can't wait to have some brie at once of my favorite restaurants!


Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Mashed Potatoes


There's not "low cal" for this one. But with portion control you can still enjoy!


Apple Nachos

Apple Nachos on MyRecipeMagic.com

This recipe has apples, so it's totally healthy, right?



Tomato Basil Chicken


Simple, refreshing, and looks delicious!



Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders

Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders from Rachel Schultz

You could totally make these with turkey instead of beef!

1 comment:

  1. Those look so good! It's comfort food season around here, too! I made an apple/snickers "salad" last fall and it looks similar to those nachos. It is SO good!

    ReplyDelete