Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Trip to Cinci

About a month ago, J and I purchased a Groupon (which is amazing) for a hotel in Cincinnati. We decided to make a two day trip out of it and enjoy some time on the town.

We left on Thursday afternoon and made our way down to the Cincinnati Premium Outlet Malls. I was super excited to visit the outlet malls because they had an Ann Taylor Loft and Michael Kors! Unfortunately I disappointed. To me an outlet mall is a mall with discounts. I'm pretty sure that I could have purchased anything from the ATL store for the same price up here in Columbus. I might have been able to get it cheaper with a coupon! The Michael Kors store was the same way, although I didn't expect it to be much different from Macy's prices. It was fun to gush over all the pretty bags! And because I was so excited and wanted to find some pretty outfits, I found nothing. But J got some jeans that actually touch his shoes! So hard to find jeans for someone who is 6'4''.

link

link

After we got in to Cincinnati, we checked in at our hotel and decided on a place for dinner. We found this amazing, old, hole-in-the-wall(ish) restaurant that has been in downtown Cincinnati since 1861. Let's just say that I fell in love with Arnold's Bar and Grill. J and I love old, nostalgic-feeling places. We really can't get enough. If there is a place where mainly people ages 60-80 hang out, I'm sure it's right up our ally. And if it's historical then it is an bonus. Arnold's was all of that plus more. When we walked in I just kept thinking of all the people that had been there before us. Someone could have sat at the bar discussing the re-election of Abraham Lincoln. Chills I tell ya!! Plus to top off the historic part, there was a live combo (band) playing ragtime music. I seriously could of stayed there all night. I didn't want to leave. I tried to get pictures, but it wasn't very light in the room and my camera flash was only capturing parts of what I was trying to see. So here are some pictures from Arnold's facebook page.




Again, taken from their FB page. The room these people are sitting in was where we ate. There was a roof overhead, but it is taken off during the summer months. You feel like you're outside the whole time.

same room as above

If you're ever in Cincinnati I highly suggest you go to this restaurant. You will have a wonderful time and eat delicious food! You can find more photos on their website.

On Friday, we headed home but not before our first shopping trip to...

This store is amazing!! We purchased a few times including two metal bars with storage hangers for my classroom, small storage containers, drawer organizers, and kid cat-proof cabinet door locks. We can not wait to get back.

J and I both enjoyed our trip to Cincinnati and can't wait to go this summer to see a Reds game!!



7 comments:

  1. I loe heading over to Cincy ... it's fun and really close to Indy. We often go to Ikea! Love it! Glad you enjoyed your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you guys had a great time! If I'm ever there, I'll have to find Arnolad's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like the outlet mall is hit or miss. I never find things at ATL but I always do at JCrew & Banana. Living in Cincy my whole life I still find hole in the wall places. I will be heading to Arnold's soon! I love living in Cincy! When you come down for a Reds game you will have to visit the Banks, lots of good places to eat/drink there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everytime I'm in Cinci I hit up the Ikea! That place is great! I totally agree with you on the prices at that outlet mall. There is no discount!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had an Ikea closer, the closest is about an hour away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to Cincy later this month. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete