Sunday, July 1, 2012

Social Sunday

Linking up for week for of Sunday Social. Since we were in OBX last week, I didn't get a chance to blog last Sunday because I was completely exhausted. But I'm excited for this weeks questions!!
Sunday Social
Don't forget to link up with Neely and Ashley!

What is your favorite store to shop at?
Probably Ann Taylor Loft. I've been in a shopping rut lately. I go through these every once in a while. But I'm just not sure what styles I like and I feel like I have to be careful not to dress like my mom or my 18-year-old sister...especially being a teacher!



If you could afford anything and everything, which designer brand would you covet?

This is tough because I like different designers for different things. Clothes would be separate from shoes and purses. I'm not a big "brander" for clothes. I love Anthropology, but really don't shop there because they're pretty expensive. I shop at Ann Taylor Loft mainly when I have coupons and they have sales. But I do know that you get what you pay for in clothes, so I'd rather spend a little more and get better quality.



Purses-Bring it on! I love Michael Kors and own a bag of his already. I'm pretty sure I would have tears of joy if I ever had a Birkin bag. Chloe also has some adorable bags with pretty big price tags.


{link}



Must have closet staple?

Black turtle neck/long sleeved shirt/tshirt--you can dress it up or down, accessorize with a scarf, jewelry, or another piece on top!



Favorite kind of shoes? (brand or type)

I buy a lot of shoes at Target and Payless, however because I'm on my feet all day teaching, I've realized that I have to buy a better quality of shoe. I LOVE Aldo and also check Macy's a lot. I would love to own a pair of Tory Burch and Louboutin ...one day!



Current Image

Best clothing deal you've ever gotten? (sale or amazing find) 
Hmmm...I purchased a dress for my sorority formal for $!5 one year. It was originally over $100 but had been marked down several times. It was pink with sparkle in the front.


Aside from that, I think I get pretty good deals at ATL when they have their big sales.



Style you'd love to try?

I've tried THREE styles the past year...that's big for me


1)The scarf. I never really wore scarves without a jacket but have really liked it! 
2)The skinny belt. I wore a skinny belt with a cardigan a few times. My concensis is that I can't really pull it off that well because, while it shows off my smaller waist, it makes my hips looks much later than they already are--which is big.
3)Maxi dress. I purchased one last year and another this year. Sadly, they're both navy blue...why two of the same color, I don't know. I don't think they look great on me because I have short legs and I'm 5'4 but they're super comfortable!

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't found a maxi dress yet, but I'm determined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that $15 dress sounds like a fantastic deal! go you! darling blog- i love the concept behind it. found you via the link up and am excited to follow along xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrified of maxi dresses... Haha. But, I'm 5'10" - so I dont think I would ever find a dress that would be "maxi" on me!!

    -Heather
    keepthefaithandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that Michael Kors bag is to die for!

    come over and visit nichollvincent.blogspot.com :)

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up with The Blogger Party!
    Keep spreading the word on facebook and twitter, I really appreciate!
    Thank you so much for the love & support!!
    xoxo
    Lauren
    thebloggerparty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete