Wednesday, July 4, 2012

God Bless America

As a teacher, one of the best part of my jobs is teaching the students how Ohio became a state and how the country we live in became free from British rule. It excites me every time!

Pinned Image

I've always loved the 4th of July. It's definitely my favorite holiday (if you don't count Christmas but that's in another category itself)

I love celebrating where we came from and our Independence from others. 

Pinned Image

I love that there have been so many men and women who sacrificed their lives for us to live freely. 

Pinned Image


I love hearing God Bless America, America the Beautiful, and The Star Spangled Banner that reminds me of how beautiful our country is and how lucky we are. I often get goose-bumps when listening to these songs live, especially today.

Pinned Image


I especially love wearing our colors that represent the fighting that it took to get us to becoming the 50 states we are today. I love seeing others show their pride for our country!

Pinned Image

The men and women who started our country were taking a big risk. They were going against what others thought and believed. But they were brave. They had the best interest in mind for the people back then and us today. {Not getting into anything too political} I wish that we could all remember these foundations that were layed back then. Too many people worry about everything being so up-to-date and constantly getting better. Sometimes that is good, but sometimes you just need to get back to basic.

Pinned Image

I wish you all a wonderful 4th of July filled with family, friends, good food, and laughter. 
Be safe and God Bless America!



Linking up with This Kind of Love

3 comments:

  1. it's good to hear of teachers out there enthusiastic even outside of the classroom. thanks for that :)

    hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled upon your blog through Neely's! I'm a big Buckeye fan! So great to be following along with your blog!
    -Anna
    asweetsouthernmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete