Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Easy Spring Wreath!

I'm not a craft person. Period.

I'm creative. I can decorate and party plan. But when it comes to arts and crafts. Forget it. I have scrapbook ADD. I have a hard time sitting down to complete a craft, therefore, I never make them because they never are completed.

A few weeks ago I proved myself wrong. About a year ago, yes a whole year, I bought a styrofoam wreath and ribbon. I had plans to make the kind of wreath where you loop the ribbon and stick on the wreath. Well, that didn't work out. So in March I bought some burlap. Finally I sat down and put the wreath together.

I had no idea what I was going to do with all the items I had. I started just wrapping the burlap around the wreath. Worked out well. Then I added one ribbon at a time. I ended up with three different patters. I liked the spring colors!

If you make a wreath with ribbon, make sure to pin it down as you go. I have a lot of pins in the back.

But something was missing. It needed a little more...

Someone loves ribbon!


I started playing around with the ribbon and ended up making some cute flowers!
These flowers are held together with straight pins only!

I made three total (always want to add items in odd amounts) and I think it turned out perfectly!


Not too shabby for my first wreath! And I'm proud to say that I came up with it on my own...no inspiration from Pinterest! :)


Next craft will include:


No comments:

Post a Comment