Monday, May 6, 2013

Menu Monday!

Dinners this past week were great!



Bang Bang Chicken Po' Boy




 Not too long ago, I made bang bang chicken for dinner. J really wanted a po' boy and LOVED the bang bang chicken, so I put them together. They turned out really well. We had left over bread to use so I figured it would work. I love a lot of lettuce on mine so J made me take a picture with my lettuce and then with a normal person's amount :) Only negative side is the house smells like oil for about 2 days and we hardly use any. Nothing compared to what the recipe calls for! :(


Turkey Meatball Gnocchi


No recipe to this. I bought a pack of gnocchi and already had the meatballs frozen from a while back. I had never made gnocchi before so I kind of just put things together. We love pesto, so I thought that would be something good to add. It wasn't bad but I need to work on my gnocchi skills.

What do you make with gnocchi??





This was AMAZING!!! It does not look as good as it actually tastes. I promise! It takes almost like a Chicken Marsala. I let J pick the side and he picked Julianne potatoes. Not good. We totally should have gone with pasta. It would have been much better. I didn't touch the potatoes (I don't like that kind) so I can't really complain. Next time pasta all the way!!


{modified}


I've wanted to make this for awhile and just made it last night. OH MY GOSH. Best salsa ever! We love it spicy, so I added a little more cumin and used a whole lime (love my limes). I also only had one can of rotel tomatoes so my recipe was a little different...

Modified:

1 can (14 oz) whole tomatoes
1 can (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes with chilis
1/4 white onion (didn't measure in cup--used 1/4 of the onion)
1 clove of garlic--I used more because I love it!
1 whole jalapeno
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt (added more)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup cilantro (ended up being perfect)
1 whole lime, juiced (1/2 in food processor then half when finished and stirred with spoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment