Thursday, June 7, 2012

Graduation Party Pictures!

A few weeks ago I shared some ideas with you about my sister's graduation party. I am pleased to say that it is finally over and was a big success! Everything came together beautifully and there were only a few stressful situations. I was so excited to take pictures with my new camera and realized when I got to my parents that the battery was dead. Lovely. So I had to use my good ol' HTC to snap some shots.

Enjoy!


Top: Candy bar! It turned out so cute! It wasn't anything huge but had the perfect amount. We used kisses, skittles, blue gummy bears, chocolate mints, sourballs, and candy necklaces (per my sister)

Middle: My mom ordered these amazing cookies from the Goodie Shop. They looked so amazing and tasted even better!

Bottom: Overall look of the candy bar and cupcake/cake table. I didn't get a picture of the cake because we had major issues with it...it wasn't worth it!




Top left: Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and red velvet cupcakes with vanilla cream cheese icing

Bottom right: More red velvet and coconut cupcakes with vanilla cream cheese icing and toasted coconut. I also had a few chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache

Top right/Bottom Left: Picture of room overall

Cupcakes: Made by me
Toppers: Made by me and Emily




My sister is playing tennis in college, so my mom wanted to incorporate tennisballs {I know it's two words, but using one for search purposes} as much as possible. I think they turned out pretty cute!

Bucket from Hobby Lobby




My mom did all of the food on the table. She set it all up and made a lot of it. We had hot food at the top such as BBQ from City BBQ (delish!!), Wings from BWW, and homemade meatballs




It was a beautiful day outside. The weather was perfect despite some wind. The lanters hanging from the tent were blowing everywhere, but they looked cute! My mom found these amazing table clothes at Target on sale a while back. They fit perfectly and looked like they had tennisballs on them! My sister's high school colors are royal blue and white (if you haven't noticed already)

{Izzy, their golden, is obsessed with tennisballs. She was waiting by the tables all day hoping they would just fall off!}




The famous graduation toilet paper!
My mom monogrammed TP when I graduated from HS and had the same done for my sister. It always gets quite the laugh! Who else can say they have monogrammed TP at their party?!



Another great idea from my mom that was first done 10 years ago at my party.
Two pieces of thick foam board purchased at HomeDepot and duck-taped together. It's covered with blue table cloth. Finally the board is used to display pictures or work. In this case, my mom posted my sisters photography projects and awards along with tennis awards.



Instead of having a guest book, we decided last minute to have a wishing tree! {Thank you Pinterest}
My mom and I quickly put it together the night before. It definitely was more of wishing branches, but still worked. This picture was taken before the party started. By the end of the day, it was full of tags! There were also scrapbooks laying out on the table.

Wishing tree words
I found them on a website but can't find it! I just changed a few words



I also made her graduation announcement with the help of Photoshop and Vista Print {my fav}


I really wish I would have taken more pictures of the decor, especially the details. It was a busy day and because I didn't have my camera charged, I didn't think about it. We were thrilled with how everything came out and even though J was working around the clock to fix the slideshow (last minute mishaps), it turned out great! Next step...moving her in to the dorms in August!

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks great!! I love how much you celebrated all of her accomplishments from high school. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh everything looks amazing. You are so good at decorating (and making) cupcakes. It looks like such an awesome party. I love how you guys incorporated tennisballs!!! Your sister is one lucky lady.

    I think you need to take on party planning as a new career. I would hire you in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks awesome! the cupcake toppers look amazing too!:) i hope they stayed together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came together beautifully...you and your mom did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The party looks great. I love the idea of the wishing tree.

    ReplyDelete