Sunday, June 24, 2012

Locks of ??

When I was in college I tried to grow my hair out to donate. However I quickly gave up after not have the time or patience do keep up with it.

After my aunt passed away, I wanted to try again. She wore a wig for a short time and I knew how important it was for her to have access to it. I also know how important wigs are to other women and especially little girls going through chemo. So, last year I started growing my hair out again.

Now it is at a length where I could donate it. I've researched a lot about companies to donate it to, unfortunately because I have colored hair (I have a lot of grey) LocksofLove is the only place that will take it. I've not heard great things about this company. I've had several people tell me that they've donated their hair, filled out that appropriate paperwork, but never heard back from them. I've also heard that they sell their extra hair as extension to regular people!

Now I feel stuck. I don't want to donate my hair if they're just going to sell it. I want to help, but I don't want to promote something negative either.

Have you donated your colored hair before? If so, what company did you use? How was your process?

Any advice would be helpful!

Thank you! Happy Monday!!


Wouldn't you want to win this SNAZZY camera?! I know I would!! Check out the giveaway here!

No comments:

Post a Comment