Monday, December 16, 2013

My Favorite Things: Teacher Edition

Since I'm a teacher, I thought it would be fun to do a little gift guide for those wondering what they should get their child's teacher for Christmas. First, let me say that I do not expect to get gifts. It is a wonderful bonus that I am very thankful for, but I would be perfectly happy not receiving anything. There is a reason why I teach and it's not for the extra presents :)


Books: What better way to give a gift to your teacher and to the classroom. Books are a wonderful addition and always welcomed. Find out your teachers favorite author and pick a few from their list!

{link}


Clorox Wipes: I'm in constant need these! I would be thrilled if a student brought in a two-pack for Christmas! It's the little things that count :)

Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes
{link}


Gift Cards for the classroom: Receiving gift cards to a local teacher store is awesome! I get to purchase some extra things we need for the classroom.

UnitedNow.com


Gift cards for the teacher: If a student wants to get something for me personally, gift cards are always great! I rarely get breakfast or coffee for myself but in the past if I've received a gift card to Tim Hortons or Starbucks, I make sure to bring in my coffee and tell the student I used their gift to buy my coffee that morning. They usually think that is pretty cool.

{link}


Hand Sanitizer: Love these personalized hand sanitizers for the classroom!

Great Christmas gift for Teachers! Give them a satin hands set or hand creme!
{link}


Homemade Gifts: I love receiving homemade gifts! It amazes me at how crafty and creative some of my parents and students are. Last year I received one of the most unique gifts that I use quite often...rice bag warmers! My student made me a large bag, medium bag, and two small bags for your hands. I thought they were such a wonderful idea!

{link}


Pens: I'm obsessed with pens. Any kind really but I'm obsessed with Paper Mate Flair Felt Pens. I buy a new pack every year and get so excited to open the new package! They're kind of pricey but totally worth it! 
{link}


But in the end, a hug and a Merry Christmas would be just perfect.

What are some of your favorite gifts to give teachers?


2 comments:

  1. Oooh I love the rice hand warmers. I agree that gift cards and books are some of my favorite gifts to receive as a teacher. I also feel like ever since Pinterest came along I have been getting some really unique and crafty gifts from my students! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you on the gift ideas! Needless to say this year I have a class that I can't even get the parents to volunteer so I can attend the teacher Christmas luncheon. I'd love some boxes of tissue too:)

    ReplyDelete