Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring? Break

Today is officially my last weekday of spring break. I'm not going to lie--I'm sad. I've loved being home. Even though I definitely would not consider it a spring break (more like winter), it was a break nonetheless and I'm happy about that!

I wish I were here...
Spring break! #beach

Thankfully I was able to get quite a bit done while home. Not everything was crossed off my list but a good portion has been. It will definitely help knowing that somethings have been accomplished when I go back on Monday. The biggest things on my "to do" list were to clean out the soon-to-be nursery. I got a lot of things packed up but a lot still needs to be done...including all new carpet! I was able to hang up a lot of Hadley's new clothes I've been buying for her lately or that friends have purchased for us. Love having cute little clothes in the closet!

We have decided to put our house up for sale in April. It was a big decision but we would like to have a little more living space. It difficult with teaching piano lessons and your living space/dining room all in the same area. We are looking at this as a test. If it sells then that is great. If not, then it wasn't meant to be and we will survive here. We are just so thankful to have a nice home and we don't want to be too picky. If it wasn't for piano, we would probably stay. So getting rooms cleaned out and deciding what furniture needs to go in storage has been a big "to-do" item.

Overall I just going to miss being home. I love my job and so thankful to have a teaching job but I think it's just been a long, overwhelming year. May 31st cannot get her soon enough! It's also been very nice to stay at home with sweet Oliver and Wembley...and take a nap during the day!

I will definitely be enjoying these last few days then it's back to the grind with my lovely 5th graders!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get quite a bit done and at least today seems to be nice in the weather department! Best of luck with selling your house- everything happens for a reason. Also it looks like I missed a name announcement?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed my break the week before. Of course it was crazy cold and then ended with 13" of snow and a bonus snow day off. I am really glad it's starting to warm up. I just wish it would stick around!

    ReplyDelete