Monday, August 5, 2013

Menu Monday

Here is what we ate last week!

I really need to start taking better pictures. This doesn't look as good as it was. Promise!

I'm pretty sure I need to do a post about my love for the Pioneer Woman. Because I love her. Tuesday night I made Sloppy Joes. I'm not a big SJ fan, but J likes them and I thought I could make extra to freeze. Oh my gosh, they were so good! I added extra chili power to give it a little more of a kick. Not only was it dinner that night but two pounds of meat gave us two more (large) frozen meals! The great thing about SJs, aside from the fact they're super easy to make, they're delicious with ground turkey as well! ps. I found out J outs cheese and mayo on his SJ. I can deal with the cheese, but mayo, really? Yuck!

TPW_8583

I watch Pioneer Woman every Saturday. It gives me cooking motivation and inspiration for the week. Seriously. Last Saturday she made smashed potatoes. I had to make them right away because they looked delicious.  I thought the first time they would actually go with the meal was with the SJs. The recipe makes a large amount so I basically made a quarter of what it called for. You bet we will have these again very soon!!



This was not good. J liked it. I thought it was too much. No picture because I didn't care.


Cheddar Turkey Brats

J has been working extra on Thursdays so I needed to make something easy. We had some cheddar brats frozen so I just popped them in a skillet for a bit and we were good to go! While it's not my favorite meal, it's easy and J really likes it!



{see above}

Frozen Burritos

These are so easy! I actually made these for a friend who just had a baby and forgot to take pictures! Sorry!! I'll definitely make more soon and add pictures.

Directions:
In a skillet add about 1/4 of an onion. Add one pound of meat (turkey or hamburger) then about a half pack of taco seasoning {I usually like to make my own but just used a packet this time}.
Brown meat and let it soak up the taco seasoning.
Set out tortilla shells
Place meat in shell, add cheese, and roll it up. Place in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Continue this until all meat is used.
Freeze and enjoy later!

To heat:
Take off aluminum foil and place burrito in microwave 2-4 minutes until heated through.

EASY!


Linking up to Menu Monday and Meal Pinning Monday!

  

4 comments:

  1. I love the PW. Her sloppy joes are really good. I have a recipe for a sloppy joe casserole. You just put a cresent roll sheet on the bottom, a layer of sloppy joes, cover that with shredded cheddar and then put a cresant sheet on the top. I brush a little melted butter on the top and bake it at 350 for about 30 minutes or until it is brown. It is a good alternative to sloppy joe sandwiches.
    *Also what is up with mayo on a sloppy joe-YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pioneer woman really does have some amazing recipes! Those Smashed potatoes look awesome! I found you from Emily's link up, Meal Pinning Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the ranch chicken, the recipe seems little over done. My J would probably like it too, but cream of chicken soup with ranch mix... I can see where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a blog award :) Check it out!
    http://livingwiththels.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete