This week I'm participating in Teacher Week 13!
Check out Blog Hoppin' to link up and find more teachers who are participating!
Today is talking all about me. Something I hate to do. So here are some basic facts about me as a teacher.
- I am going into my sixth year of teaching at the same elementary school
- I taught 4th grade for four years then moved up to 5th grade
- This is my second year teaching 5th grade (if you didn't do the math)
- We departmentalize in my school = LOVE!! I don't think I would be able to keep one classroom of kiddos all day.
- While in 4th grade, my first year I taught two (out of four) math classes and language arts to my homeroom. The three years after that I taught social studies to all four classes and language arts to my homeroom.
- Now in 5th I teach all four social studies classes and my homeroom language arts
- I don't really have a preference between 4th and 5th grade. They both have positives and negatives
- I am not a fan of the 5th grade common core social studies standards. I loved the old standards and am very disappointed with the new ones. I also think that they expect 4th graders to learn way to much with the common core social studies standards. Just my opinion. Keep it simple!
- I have my masters in education administration and have my admin license. Will I ever use it? I don't know. I always planned on it but the administration role today has changed drastically from when I started my masters just four short years ago.
- I never wanted to teach in an elementary school. Now, I don't want to leave.
- I big puffy heart my school. I can't even explain it. My coworkers are my second family and we have quite a big school (3-4 teachers in each grade level K-5 plus specials, intervention, etc).
- I feel very blessed to have a job that I enjoy going to daily and that I get to watch my students grow