Monday, July 22, 2013

Menu Monday



Last week was kind of slow for dinner. I can't seem to remember why either, which is just sad. I'm pretty sure everything else I made was just a repeat of something already posted. Nothing exciting. Sorry!


One night last week I made homemade pizza rolls. They were delish! I found them on Pinterest but it took me several clicks to find the recipe. So here is a quick guide:

Ingredients:
Crescent rolls
4 Cheese sticks (cut in half)
Pepperoni

Topping:
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated

Pizza sauce (optional)
Ranch Dressing (optional)

First, rolls out crescent rolls. Place pepperonis down first with 1/2 cheese stick on top



Roll it up!


Turn in corner (or you can do this before you roll)


Bake at 350* for 15 minutes
I baked corn along with them so they took more like 20

Once they are done, brush the butter mixture on top. I put them back in the oven just for a few more minutes so it could soak in.

Carefully remove from oven and enjoy with pizza sauce or ranch!

Note: My cheese didn't melt very well, so I put it under the broiler for about 2 minutes and that helped. I think because I used the low fat cheese--that's all I had.




One thing that really drew me to this recipe was that you can freeze these separately. So let's say I'm home by myself and J is back to work, I have lunch! Although I'm pretty sure I'll be eating a bunch of deli turkey and chicken after H is born. I miss it!

A good friend of mine is having her baby as we speak and I made some of these for her and her husband as well. Super easy and delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment