Here is what we ate last week!
Totally forgot to take a picture so you get this delicious looking one!
I had a different meal plan but I didn't have enough basil. So this was plan B! It was delicious and pretty easy to make. I just love Ree, don't you?!
I only make this once a month because it's kind of a pain to make and it smells the whole house up. J loves it though so I try make him happy :)
Wednesday night we went to our first restaurant week restaurant. We decided to try the Melting Pot! It was very good. Next time I think we will definitely just go for dessert. But I really enjoyed eating our meal slowly and spending time together.
I've never had this before but made one for a friend and one for J and I. It looked pretty yummy! It's another P.W. recipe....of course!
Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
Original recipe but I changed it to make it easier...I think.
1/4 of an onion
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1/2 to 3/4 cups of plain Greek yogurt (I made ours a little more dry)
1 can Rotel tomatoes with jalapenos
3 chicken breasts (mine were medium size)
half of bag of Mexican Cheese
Ingredients when cooking:
1) Cook chicken (I boiled mine) and shred
2) In a large mixing bowl add chicken, onion, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice, yogurt, Rotel, and cheese. Still together really good. You can add more cheese or yogurt if needed.
3) Spoon mixture into soft tortilla shells and roll with seem down in baking dish
4) Once shells are rolled, place baking dish in freezer until tortillas are frozen. Once they are frozen, I like to move mine to a zip lock bag so they take up less room.
1) Take 1/3 cup of oil, dried cilantro and chili powder and mix in a bowl.
2) Place frozen tortillas on a cookie sheet. Spread oil mixture on frozen tortillas.
3) Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes. They might need longer because they're frozen (I've never frozen them before, just made them). Watch them carefully and flip them over if necessary.