Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bumpdate: Weeks 7 & 8


How far along: 7 and 8 weeks


How big is baby: At 7 weeks, baby G was the size of a blueberry. At 8 weeks, the size of a raspberry. Both which sound delicious!

Weight gain/loss: 0 pounds so far. I think it's because some days I'm starving then I'll have days where I have to force myself to eat. It kind of evens things out.

Maternity Clothes: Nope. Not for a while...I hope!

Stretch marks: See above!

Sleep: Not great. I'm bummed that it's been bad at such an early stage. I do get up to go to the bathroom and I know that's typical. But I wake up all the time worrying about J. Am I taking up too much room? Am I taking the blankets? Am I breathing in his face? The only time I'm comfortable is laying on my stomach, which won't last too long. So I think it's time to get a king size bed. I'm hoping this will help because I won't worry about the space. When you're husband is 6'4'' it can be difficult to share a queen bed with him, a dog, and a cat.
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Anything spicy. I've been putting jalapenos on everything. The other day I was craving mozzarella sticks. I'm pretty sure I haven't had these since middle school or high school. To be honest, they've always grossed me out a little. So on Friday I caved in. I went to Arbys and got a Jr Roast Beef (took off the top bun--too much bread) and a small order of mozzarella sicks. OH. MY. GOSH. Satisfying a craving is crazy!! Normally I don't give in, but I had to. I felt like I had put the best tasting food ever in my mouth. Now when I think about it, it makes me sick.

Gender: We will hopefully know at the end of March or beginning of April!

Movement:  None yet!

The belly: Little bloating and random hive-like spots, especially when I get out of the shower. They don't itch but they're always there!

Worries: I'm trying not to worry as much, but I'm always going to worry if the baby is okay. We go back to the Dr on the 22nd for, what should have been, our first appointment. I'm excited to see our little lovely again!


What I Miss: Not feeling sick all the time but we are so thankful that I will take it!

Symptoms: Nauseated in the mornings (sometimes all day). I haven't been sick but I thought I was going to several times. I also am exhausted at the end of the day. I can fall asleep in about 5 seconds.


What I'm looking forward to: February 14th when I can post this and tell everyone I work with!

Best moment of the week: Telling my grandma, aunt, cousin, and team. I asked my grandma and aunt how they would feel about being a great-grandma/great-aunt in August and they were thrilled! I don't see them often so I just called them. We were going to wait to tell family but J told his grandma and aunt so I went ahead and told mine. More people praying for us {via Shannon Dew}! I also decided to tell my team. I was going to wait until after the ultrasound on the 22nd but I did it for three reasons, 1) I have a student teacher that comes the 23rd and I wanted them to know before she came  2) I've been very sick in the mornings and have had to run out of the classroom a few times and 3) if something did happen, I would be gone from school for a few days and they would find out that way. I would rather have them hear happy news from me first. They were all very supportive and happy for us.  They're my second family and it just felt right. They also know not to say anything until February 14th. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment