Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pregnancy Hormones

For the past month I have really felt like my hormones have kicked in. I'm not really moody or grumpy but I definitely cry a lot easier, especially when it comes to animals.

I've always been a huge animal lover and have been very sensitive towards them. I never could go in a shelter without crying. I could never watch the ASPCA commercials without crying (let's face it who doesn't). So my normal self is already a crazy crying animal lady.

But over this past month I've been a hot mess. In all honesty, I have cried the last five nights over animals. Most of the reasons have been because I worry about all of the animals outside. I worried when it was freezing cold and raining. I even prayed it wouldn't rain and we wouldn't have a snow day just so the sweet little animals could stay warm and dry.

Then I found a sad article on FB about two dogs at the local shelter and was crying my eyes out a few nights ago. Why do people have to be so mean to their dogs and cats? They can't talk! They don't have choices!

Finally when J and I were watching The Oscars I had a complete meltdown when they were showing a preview for Life of Pi. Talking about the poor animals drowning and even talking about circus animals!

What is my problem?!

J always brings up people. People are homeless. People are in the cold. I totally agree. But people have choices. People can go to shelters and get help. People understand (for the most part). Animals don't. Animals just want to love you unconditionally.





So tonight just like all other nights I hug and love on my sweet Oliver and Wembley a little more. Even though right now (and most times) I want to save all the animals of the world and my heart aches for them, I will just have to take one day at a time and know that God is watching over them.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This is totally me all the time. My husband makes fun of me b/c I'll cry in a movie if an animal dies (or even gets hurt), but with humans (on movies) I'm not nearly as emotional!

    ReplyDelete